Our latest campaigns
- Universal Credit
- School transport inquiry
- Disabled Children's Partnership
- CAMHS Waiting Times
- The Contact a Family Awards
Or you can read about...
- Access to childcare
- Better support for carers
- Cuts to benefits
- Cuts to services
- Challenging attitudes and stigma
- Illegal exclusions
- Waiting times
- Stop the DLA takeaway in
- Counting the Costs
- Tax credit cuts
Latest campaign news
- Huge thanks and next steps on our
school transport inquiry
- Contact a Family's response to the spring budget
- Our chief executive chairs new disabled children's partnership
- Sign letter to health secretary on CAMHS Waiting Times.
- Read our new briefing on Universal Credit and why many more disabled children will be worse off [PDF].
- Many carers won't benefit
from increase in carers allowance earnings limit,
find out more
What we want
- Equal rights and opportunities for all families with disabled children across the UK.
- A social security system that recognises the carer contribution and adequately covers the extra costs of disability and care.
- Investment in carer and disability services and speedy access to information, assessment and good quality support.
- A clear and joined up legal framework that enhances individual family rights.
- The real experts are parents of disabled children. We want parent carer participation across the UK.
What we're doing
- We influence laws and government policy based on what families with disabled children tell us and what we have learnt from our services.
- We carry out research to build evidence of the difficulties faced by disabled children and present a case for change.
- We join forces with other charities and support their campaigns.
- We meet with MPs and government departments.
- We support parent carer participation and help parents get directly involved in shaping their services.
What you can do
- Contacting our Head of Campaigns Una Summerson at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can help us.
What other organisations do we work with?
We join forces with other charities to influence public policy and campaign together. This shared voice strengthens our lobbying activities and helps decision makers and politicians understand shared concerns. These alliances include: