Challenging attitudes and stigma
Why we're campaigning
Our What makes my family stronger [PDF] survey of over 600 families found that negative attitudes toward disability, coupled with a lack of services, are the main barriers preventing families with disabled children leading ordinary lives.
What we want
- Better reporting of disability-related harassment and bullying.
- Equality training for all people working in a public facing role.
- A stronger focus on disability awareness in schools and early years.
- Positive media stories about disabled children and their families.
What you can do
- Share your stories with us by emailing email@example.com.
- If you're able to, please consider making a donation so we can continue our life-changing campaign work.
What we're doing
We think that allowing families to tell their story helps challenge some of the myths and stigma facing families with disabled children:
- Our Our Family Our Future [PDF] report gives unique insight into the lives of families with disabled children - both the joys and the difficulties.
- Our press team promotes positive media stories about the lives of disabled children.
- We are partners with Mumsnet.com on their disability myths campaign, This is my child.