Looking for fun holiday ideas for your family?
Friday 28th July 2017
Contact a Family's guide to holidays, play and leisure is packed full of useful information to help you plan to keep the kids occupied this summer holiday.
Parents can get a free copy by calling the Contact a Family helpline on 0808 808 3555. Our holidays guide covers:
- Where to find suitable play and leisure facilities.
- Ideas for days out.
- Your child's rights to play and leisure.
- Financial help with leisure, and with holidays in the UK or abroad.
- Finding holiday and travel insurance.
- Short breaks for carers..
Sadly, one of the biggest holiday nightmares for families with disabled children is shortages in holiday childcare provision. This means they find themselves between a rock and a hard place when it comes to childcare and work.
Here, Catherine Tyrie, a parent carer, talks about the secret life of juggling holiday childcare when you have a disabled child. And why having an understanding employer is so important.
Read our webpages for more information about work and childcare.